How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117378
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi and thanks 4 a timely response. I live in South Carolina

This answer was rated:

Hi and thanks 4 a timely response. I live in South Carolina and I have 2 traffic violations coming up this month in the state of Maryland. 1 is on the 15th at 1:15 for driving an uninsured vehicle and the 2nd is on the 21st at 2:00 for driving with a suspended license. They are at to different Court houses on two different days. BC I am coming from S.C. Can I write to get the Courts to postpone and set new trail dates that are on the same day..and what terminology is best suited?
Thank you for your new question and for asking for me. I noticed that you never left positive (good/excellent) feedback the last time I spent time providing you information. As you may not be aware, the experts receive nothing at all unless the customer leaves positive feedback. As much as I like helping people, I also need to keep the internet connection on and I cannot do so on goodwill. Thank you for understanding and going back to our last question and leaving positive feedback.

The trials are in two different courts and two different cities in MD?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes they are... and I apologize I thought I rated you..I will rate again

Thank you for your response. Thank you for the ratings as well.

If they are in multiple counties, you have to file a separate motion in both counties. The fact you are out of state and are coming to MD for the purpose of trial is good cause to set them at the same date, but they will still have to be heard in the two separate counties, so this could cause you a problem too because if they are both set at the same date and time you still will not be able to make it to both of them. Thus, you need to ask one for a specific date on a continuance and ask the other court for a date the next day and will have to do this in two days unless one court is only in the morning and the other is only in the afternoons and then you may be able to make it.

Before you submit the motions call the clerk at each court and explain the situation and see if they will work with you before you file your motions to continue and reset so you can get dates straight as the court is only going to be granting a continuance for this reason usually only one time.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They are in the same County.

Thank you for your response, you said above they were in two different courts and cities, which was the reason for my reply.

If they are being held in the same court, then you can file a motion for continuance for both cases (and put both case numbers on the motion) and then in the motion explain as you have two cases and are traveling from out of state you are asking the court continue and reset both cases for the same date and most all times they will do so.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm sorry 4 confusion but its the same county, diffrent Court houses

Okay, thank you for clarifying that.

You would then need two separate motions, one for each court and explain the same thing and ask for them to be set the same date and most all times the courts will do so to accommodate you.
Law Educator, Esq. and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you