Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is there a maximum number of units a single owner can have

Customer Question

Is there a maximum number of units a single owner can have in the same complex?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Have you examined your complex rules and bylaws yet? This is where the information would be located.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. I see nothing in our documents.

Thank you for your response.

What type of complex is this so I can double check the TN statutes for you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

condominum complex with less than 40 units

Thank you for your response.

Title 66, Chapter 27 of the TN code has no provisions limiting the number of condominium units a single party can own within a complex. Any such restrictions would have to be contained in the covenants of the property or the bylaws of the property. If there are no such restrictions on ownership in those, then there are no restrictions. There may be restrictions on rentals of units though, so you need to check those as well, since owning multiple units does not do much good if there are rental restrictions.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”