How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118072
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi there, I have filed in the state of california request

This answer was rated:

Hi there,
I have filed in the state of california request to administer an estate, our cout date is set for May 20th (we would like to sell the home in the estate asap as we have a buyer waiting) what documents do I need to fiile I am to get court approval to move forward with this sale.... Assuming that the court will grant my request for administrator of the estate will the court be willing to address the requeest to sell during the hearing to determine administrator? I understant that I will need to complete DE 160 for referee but not sure what other documents are needed.... (my mother in law passed before my father in law we need to remove her name from deed as well! Thank you
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide the information you are seeking.

Only the administrator can sell the property, so yes, this will take an order of the court for sale and you have to file a motion to sell estate property and get it filed and ask for it to be heard on the same date as the appointment based on the pending buyer. The motion is filed with the clerk and notice is sent to all of the heirs of the motion.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much for your promt reply... do I just usee pleading paper to file the motion if not what document do I use for this purpose! Thank you again! Have a great day

Yes, this is done on a pleading paper, since it is not one of the form motions they have on the site.
Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you so much

Thank you very much.