Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

For LegalEagle1 : Identifying CauseS of action,

Customer Question
Identifying CauseS of action This...

Identifying CauseS of action This is followup to previous, as new question... Please assist me in identifying appropriate causes of action. Damages were suffered on May 9, 2012. The actual act of the official giving rise to those damages was performed on an unknown date sometime after Sep. 1, 2010 and likely before May 1, 2011.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/1/2013
Lawyer: LegalEagle1, Attorney replied 4 years ago
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for requesting the I assist you with your question today.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your question, I had to take a short break.

You should be away that you may be able to bring several causes of action from a single incident of wrongful conduct. So even if it appears that the relevant statute of limitations has run it may remain possible to bring a different claim. Also, there may be an exception to the limitations period that applies to your situation.

Under the statute of limitation an action must be filed within a set time from the date of the act or omission resulting in injury, or that same period from the date the injury was or reasonably should have been discovered, whichever is later. The analysis to determine which date to use is fact specific to each case. Many times which date to use is in dispute and is ultimately decided by the court. It is up to the defendant to raise the issue of statute of limitations as a defense.

You captioned your question as "Identifying causes of action." You have provided very little factual background so it is difficult to identify any cause of action. If you want to disclose more facts I may be able to provide you with more information. Please keep in mind that this forum is not confidential and upon to the public. Also there is not attorney-client privilege. You may be want to consider contacting an attorney and arrange to have a private confidential meeting so they can evaluate and advise you as to your options. Again if you provide more details I may be able to provide with more relevant information to consider.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

_________________________________________________________________
Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legaleagle1 also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.

I have attempted to locate a local attorney to advise me. Either the firm is not interested or it's not in their area of practice or....
Is there any way to obtain a bit of privacy as you assist me?

No this service is not set up to establish private confidential relationships. Without knowing what your are going to disclose it is difficult to predict if someone would be able to identify you. Some customers ask to have question locked after their answer is posted. This still poses the risk that a web crawler such as google may cache the page and make it retrievable through a third party.

I understand.

What information do you require to further assist?

What act did the official do?

And, how we're you damaged?

Act: changed computer records without necessary authorization or direction by superior (who, alone, has the authority to direct such changes made).

Damages: financial penalty

When you draft your complaint and file your lawsuit, you will have to allege specific details as what occurred. With the little information you provide I am left guess. who did this, what records they altered, who had the authority, what capacity the person acted in, and how damages resulted.
I enjoyed answering your question a few days ago regarding causes of action. I just wanted to contact you to see if you needed any further assistance.

Also if you have not yet rated my answer, please do so. This the way I receive credit for my work.

Thanks.
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Attorney