Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am seeking legal services to write/send a cease and desist

Customer Question
letter in Texas, specifically in...
I am seeking legal services to write/send a cease and desist letter in Texas, specifically in Midland Texas, zip code 79705, Midland County. I have called 10 different law offices in the area, have followed up and each will not help me with my legal situation.

My situation is a slander issue with a security guard at a local gated community warning members of the community not to use my company's services. This is not fair to myself or other vendors in the community. I am seeking a lawyer to send a cease and desist letter to send to the security guard as well as the security company.

My first question, I am seeking recommended offices in Midland County (preferably 20 miles but am willing to look outside this area). Also, what is the best approach when calling these law offices? Thanks for you help.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Legal
4/30/2013
Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Attorney replied 4 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney

Hello, Bill, and Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am sorry you are having this trouble retaining a lawyer, but I believe I know the reason. A lawyer will not commit himself to representing a client, even if it is only for writing a letter, based on a telephone call, if the lawyer has never represented the individual before, or even met him. To the client, it is "only a letter", but to the lawyer, there are a lot more implications in representing a client.

If I may, I would suggest that you call any lawyer of your choosing, ask for an appointment and speak to the lawyer face to face. That is the only way a lawyer will take on a client. And once you meet with the lawyer face to face and tell them what you are facing, he will assess the situation as a whole and advise you of your rights if the guard continues speak against you and discourage members of the community from doing business with you. The lawyer can tell you what is involved in filing a lawsuit based on interfering with contractual relations, slander and defamation of character.

Contact the Texas Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service, tell them what your situation is, and ask for the names of lawyers in Midland County. Consultations are inexpensive and some are free beause you are going through their Lawyer Referral Service.

http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you as "Excellent Service",

Bonus and Positive Feedback are greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney