How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16627
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My required bond was 10, 000 dollars total it was two cases

Customer Question

my required bond was 10, 000 dollars total it was two cases 5,000 each... my family foolishy gave the entire 10,000 to a bailbonds company in montgomery county texas..lagway bail bonds.. the day after they recieved the full amount vi cashiers check ,,the got me out at 1 am, made me sign a 50% service agreement or i would be returned,,now 5 months after cases both diposed sentences past and served.. i cant even get them to return the 50 portion we have on filling out a complaint to the Montgomery county board of bailbondsman , what else can i do , im unemployed right now strugling badly and that 5,000 could help save my home from total loss...please help and fast...
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.

i am sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

Why did your family use a bail bondsman if they had the total amount of your bond to post directly with the court for your release?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i wish i knew, i wasnt able to comunicate with them, its a first for us all they paniced and the bail bondsman whih is proving to be more a griffter didnt argue with them at all, he agreed to 33% verbally ut at 1 am made me sign 50%

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Dear *****,

Thank you for your follow up.

If the bail bondsman is refusing to refund the 50% or $5,000 to your family, after you have complied with all the court requirements and the cases have been disposed, you can also file a lawsuit against this bail bondsman in the local small claims court where bail bondsman is located.

Here is the link to the step by step instructions on how to file a small claims lawsuit against this bail bondsman from the Texas Bar Association:

You can file this lawsuit yourself, but you have to make sure that the party that files the lawsuit, is the party who is entitled to the 50% refund of the bond, as the person who file a lawsuit has to have legal standing to pursue his/her claim.

Small claims court does not require for a person to be represented by an attorney and the case can be resolved in relatively short time, in some cases less than 60 days from the date of filing.

Also, you can file a formal complaint against this bail bondsman with the Texas Attorney General Office at the link below:

I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Dear *****,

Do you have any related follow up questions for me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You just gave me thesame infomation that ive already had.. small claims court 5 hrs away representing my self, not even possible and very foolish to try but the basic sue them...the claim i have been hetting filled and shared with you, throug montgomery country board bail bondsman. offer the levelsand chain of escalation and what not... i apreacisate the verifiction of the basics but it in no way changes anything b4 i asked the question with the exception id lose 50 ucks there by making life even worse for finding the site... with all due respect you would have been better off saying well you r kinda out of options or something along those sorry but not only is it no help feel its hurt stress an financialy

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Dear *****,

I have provided you with correct and accurate answer and suggested several general legal options, as to how a situation similar to yours can be addressed.

Unfortunately, I have no way to know, what each customer does or does not know before the customer posts a question on this website, other than from the information contained in the customer's post.

I am sorry that you have felt that my detailed and correct answer to you was "poor service", but I am not sure what additional information are you seeking at this time, so please do not hold the fact that your legal options might be somewhat limited in your situation against me personally.

I wish you the best of luck and GOD bless you!