How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12249
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello Sir /Mad, I am being wrongfull investigate by police

This answer was rated:

Hello Sir /Mad, I am being wrongfull investigate by police dept staking my family, video ,audio the activities in our family to harrassing us ianuwhere in public. now , we are living no privatecy and dignity at all . This going years and years since i got in default of my student loan and i already paid off this loan about 13 years ago. What is standart of human kind now. Please advise
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Just so I understand you, the police are harassing you and invading your privacy because you defaulted on a student loan years ago (which has since been paid off completely). Is that correct?

If so, I have a couple of questions: (1) how do you know that you're under surveillance? (2) which police department is guilty of this harassment?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Sir,

Whatever we been doing, activity, in our house they are talking in public, ( wherever I am shop at) at work ( their tactic are harassing us), in car, and the police department in Rockwall, Texas. 75032

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Mr Vamd, Esq,

We do not have solid evidents. But whatever activities in our home the public now about it ( this is the tactic of harassment), and the police department at Rockwall, Texas. 75032.

Hi again.

Okay, I understand that you do not have solid evidence. But what evidence do you have? In other words, what led you to reasonably conclude that the police are doing this, and what led you to reasonably conclude that it had to do with a student loan?

Also, have you contacted the police department to inquire about this? If so, what were you told?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


I was recently received unemployment benefit. my question are : is the police have a right to surveilane my house , and put our family privatecy ,dignity, and whatever we visited the health clinic for our health problems and question at the clinic where we was visited ( the health community clinic in the same building with the unemployment office and also next door to the police department) .Is the police have right to disclose our privacy out to the public to know it.


Hi again.

The police have a right to investigate you and your family if it has a reasonable basis to conclude that your family may be involved in criminal activity. Depending on what information it discloses, that too is lawful. But it may not use wiretaps and hidden videos, etc., without a warrant issued by a judge, and that requires probable cause ... i.e., a reasonable suspicion that there is criminal activity. A reasonable suspicion is more than simply a hunch or a guess. There must be some kind of evidence suggesting criminal activity.

If there is no probable cause, and no reasonable basis for the investigation, then the police have no right to investigate you, and certainly no right to use wiretaps, etc. You would have the basis for a civil rights claims against the police department. Further, if the police department releases private information about you, then that could subject the individual officers to claims of invasion of privacy.

So, the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you may have a basis for a lawsuit, but it depends on whether the police are justified in their investigation based upon what I wrote above. Of course, whether or not you would win a lawsuit also depends on your evidence.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Vamd, Esq.

The evident which I haved so far are the public, certainly that everyone in town here will know me ( since I am became so popular about these events). So what should I do to bring a law suite again the police department , what law firm will handle this or should I contact the ABCnews, CNN, Dallas morning news,...Told my side of the story, and probably the news will investigate this frist made out to the public before we going to hire the law firm ?



Hi again.

There is nothing wrong with contacting the news agencies, though I would likely contact a lawyer regardless since what you describe is outrageous enough to warrant a lawsuit.

As for finding a lawyer, you should try the State Bar of Texas Attorney Referral Service, which you can access online here: CLICK HERE.

They will be able to put you in touch with a lawyer who can analyze your case in greater detail and which you can retain as your lawyer if he believes that there is reason to sue.
TJ, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you