How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Sam Your Own Question
Sam, Attorney at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Sam is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being served a restraining order on a house that the title

This answer was rated:

I am being served a restraining order on a house that the title is in my name. What can I do to file a countermotion to remove my property from said address and protect and and all transacttions to the property before this restraining ORDER DATE? bTW I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE FOR OVER A YEAR

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Please tell me what is the restraining order for? Who has taken it out on you and when is the court date? Are you planning on being there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The restraining is for me not to come to the property or around Teresa Freed other co owner.Teresa Freed took it out on me which was my ex domestic partner and court is May 6 2013 (a.m. and I have never been allowed access to property to get my personal property. Yes, I will be there


Thank you.

When you go to court on May 6, 2013 I suggest you will want to have a detailed list of items that are your personal belongings. Be prepared with the list of those items to present to the court in case the RO is made permanent against you.

Now when you go to the hearing if you do not want to have it made permanent against you, I suggest you will want to listen and not talk until the court tells you it is your turn.

I suggest, that you do not want to do anything that says to the court "I am a threat to this person" So in an effort to show the court that you are not a threat, have never been a threat and would not harm her, I suggest you will not want to look at her or make any body language motions that would indicate that.

I suggest that the court will give you an opportunity to talk and show cause as to why this RO should not be permanent. Regardless of what is said, do not even look at your ex. You will have your turn and when you do speak only to the judge.

Now, if for some reason the court decides that the RO should be imposed, then you will want to present your list and request that you be given a police/sheriff escort to retrieve your personal belongings.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back asI am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Sam and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you