Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am being served a restraining order on a house that the title

is in my name. What...
I am being served a restraining order on a house that the title is in my name. What can I do to file a countermotion to remove my property from said address and protect and and all transacttions to the property before this restraining ORDER DATE? bTW I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE FOR OVER A YEAR
4/26/2013
Sam, Attorney at Law
Hi

I am an attorney with more than 25 years experience. I will provide your information today and look forward to assisting you.

Please tell me what is the restraining order for? Who has taken it out on you and when is the court date? Are you planning on being there?

The restraining is for me not to come to the property or around Teresa Freed other co owner.Teresa Freed took it out on me which was my ex domestic partner and court is May 6 2013 (a.m. and I have never been allowed access to property to get my personal property. Yes, I will be there

Hi

Thank you.

When you go to court on May 6, 2013 I suggest you will want to have a detailed list of items that are your personal belongings. Be prepared with the list of those items to present to the court in case the RO is made permanent against you.

Now when you go to the hearing if you do not want to have it made permanent against you, I suggest you will want to listen and not talk until the court tells you it is your turn.

I suggest, that you do not want to do anything that says to the court "I am a threat to this person" So in an effort to show the court that you are not a threat, have never been a threat and would not harm her, I suggest you will not want to look at her or make any body language motions that would indicate that.

I suggest that the court will give you an opportunity to talk and show cause as to why this RO should not be permanent. Regardless of what is said, do not even look at your ex. You will have your turn and when you do speak only to the judge.

Now, if for some reason the court decides that the RO should be imposed, then you will want to present your list and request that you be given a police/sheriff escort to retrieve your personal belongings.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back asI am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.
Sam, Attorney at Law
Sam, Attorney at Law