How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 117375
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a respiratory therapist in California, and applying for

This answer was rated:

I am a respiratory therapist in California, and applying for a state license in Polysomnology. they did a background check and are e-mailing me re. a supposed conviction on record in Oakland, Ca, dated 4/27/1993, but won't tell me what the conviction is, or what court it is. I don't know what this is, and don't know how to find the records. The issue is that I didn't disclose this, but I have no idea what this is. What is the best way to find these records with only the date, city, and case number. Is it best to hire go through a search service, paralegal,? Thanks
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

You can go online at and make a public records request to obtain any police reports or arrest records. The other way to do this is you can go to the clerk of court's office at the court where the case was supposed to be sent and check the court records which are also open to the public. These two ways are generally the best and most accurate way to check your record to find out what this charge is all about.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you sooo much for your prompt answer. I have done as you indicated, and was able to find the form and submit on-line. Someone suggested that I go on-line to a pay site., but no way to verify their credibility; then I remembered JustAnswer, which I have used a lot, and decided to contact you. It is definitely worth it to pay for reliable services, and JustAnswer is just the place. Thanks again for the advice.

Thank you for your kind words.

The online background check services many times are not very accurate and it is much better to go direct to the police department and the local court.

Please do not forget to click on excellent service feedback as that is the only way the experts get credit for working with customers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


I keep getting e-mails to rate you. I have done that at least 4 times, and I still get e-mails. also, the funds are in my account, but I got an e-mail that they werent. Don't know what else to do.

Thank you for letting me know. It seems that no rating for this question has gone through. I will let customer service know. Thank you again.