How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 118774
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Had a cardioversion schduled for April 5th as I was lying on

This answer was rated:

Had a cardioversion schduled for April 5th as I was lying on the table , doctor called and said I had to reschedule, I demanded another doctor ..... Was able to get one complained to hospital administrator he wrote me back and said my doctor forgot although he had seen my brother an hour before when the nurse handed me the phone he said he was boarding a plane..... So today I got a copy of my surgical consent that day and says he was the performing doctor and he was not?????????
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

What is your specific question for us today? Did you suffer any actual harm from the procedure?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I'm fine , I just can't believe a cardiologist can blow a patient off like he did because he would have missed a flight , although my paper work says he was the performing doctor ?
Thank you for your response.

Legally, if there are no damages, there is no suit you can file.

If the doctor did not give you proper care and did not show up for a procedure and did not send another doctor and you had to demand another one be used, then this is a complaint you can file with the state medical board for a ethics violation and generally these cases result in a reprimand for a first offense of abandoning a patient and falsifying a authorization if the doctor filled out the authorization and the hospital never filled out a new one for the new doctor to perform the procedure. However, these are all administrative violations and without any harm coming to you as a patient, the courts cannot entertain any legal action as a result of the conduct.

Thus, your sole recourse is a complaint to the medical board and to the hospital if he is on staff there.

Thank you so much for using I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank You
Thank you