WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

I am a 69 year old widow on Social I let the bank know in

I am a 69 year old widow on Social I let the bank know in 10 -2011 That my $139,705.43 plus additional interest and costs. My husband died May 2, 2013 and my total assets, including, house, car, money is about $25,000. What is my best recourse. My income is $1936 a month.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.

WALLSTREETLAW :

In terms of debts, if you have limited income and social security is your only income, that cannot be taken for any debts,

WALLSTREETLAW :

In terms of your assets it is possible that if you do not pay your debts, that a creditor can go after your home, car or cash in a bank account, so you may want to take out all your case now,

Customer:

I

Customer:

I am still confused. I guess what I want to know is do I have to appear or if I don't what will happen

Customer:

I have received a summons to appear in court and what happens, I don't. Is this a standard step in foreclosures?

WALLSTREETLAW :

I was cut off,

WALLSTREETLAW :

If you do not appear in Court,

WALLSTREETLAW :

they will obtain a judgment against them

WALLSTREETLAW :

meaning they can win a lawsuit, and try to take your car, bank account and

WALLSTREETLAW :

possibly your home.

Customer:

My best recourse is to appear in court so the judge hears my side of the story or is it possible to write a letter. The court is about 2 1/2 hours away.

WALLSTREETLAW :

You can write a letter,

WALLSTREETLAW :

however, the court may only delay the matter, but you would have to obtain an attorney to represent you.

Customer:

Okay, thank you so much and you were very helpful once I got my head on straight to ask the right questions.

WALLSTREETLAW :

I would also threaten a bankruptcy,

Customer:

I really don't want to do a bankruptcy if I don't have too.