How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Atty Your Own Question
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9364
Experience:  attorney at self
Type Your Legal Question Here...
N Cal Atty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been storing a friend/customers vehicles (5) for over

This answer was rated:

I have been storing a friend/customer's vehicles (5) for over 5 years with no formal agreement, just a verbal agreement. The vehicles are in an ex-spouse's name who is now incarcerated. I have not received payment for the storage fees in over 2 years. What are my options for obtaining title of the vehicles in my possession. The fees are over $25,000. These are high end vehicles and in total value are worth more than the fees owed. I am located in CA.
I'm sorry to hear this.

You would have to conduct what is called a lien sale.

The process is a little bit complicated, but instructions and links to the forms you will need are posted at

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Atty and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the Excellent rating!

Related Legal Questions