How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have inherited mineral interests that have a notice of abandonment

Customer Question

I have inherited mineral interests that have a notice of abandonment in the newspaper. I have a, ‘Notice to Preserve Mineral Interest’ affidavit typed up and ready to go. Do I need to do anything else besides file it with the recorder? Do I need to contact the surface owner with a registered letter? If so what needs to be in it? Does it need to be filed in a court?

Basically, what steps do I take from here?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Ely. Welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you wish to hear. Note: there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

Can you please clarify - are you attempting to cease the mineral instruments by adverse possession? Or, did you inherit them though probate? In other words, can you please tell me a little more about the matter?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.