How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LADYLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6536
Experience:  Civil; Family; HOA; Landlord/Tenant; Real Estate; Probate; Insurance; Immigration; Wills & Trusts
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LADYLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need assistance i currently live on disability and Friend

Customer Question

I need assistance i currently live on disability and Friend of the court in michigan is taking 576 dollars of a 898 dollar check per month.. what can i do to have them reduce this amount so i am not at risk of being homeless 314 dollars a month has been awfully difficult to live on.

Submitted: 4 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LADYLAWYER replied 4 years ago.

LADYLAWYER : Hello, Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you with legal information today.
LADYLAWYER : What is this money being garnished for, child support? Did you have a hearing in front of the judge about the garnishment or did they do it without you having an opportunity to claim exemptions?