Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I joined direct buy and I just received the website yesterday.

Customer Question

I joined direct buy and I just received the website yesterday. I want to cancel but they tell me I only had three days to do so from signing. They did not tell me that when I was in the store on April 6th. Can I get out of my contract in the state of Maryland today?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.

JD 1992 :

Not automatically, if they allowed you a three day right of rescission, and despite the urban myths there are very few cases where there is an automatic three days, then you would be past that.

JD 1992 :

The only way you could rescind the contract now would be if they had somehow breached the contract or committed fraud.

JACUSTOMER-zbh8cmf7- :

They told me to write them a letter and they would give it to the owner and he would make the decision

JD 1992 :

They can always agree to it but you may not be able to force them to do it.

JD 1992 :

Why did you issue a poor service rating? I answered you quickly and correctly.

JD 1992 :

I'll opt out since you obviously rated it poor service because I didn't tell you what you wanted to hear but it is the correct answer and it was given within minutes of you posting your question.

Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 4 years ago.
I see your prior expert opted out and that you were not happy with his service. Is there any additional information that you need in order to be satisfied with your experience on JustAnswer?