Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

Can I stop work on a caregiver helping me in my home now?They

Can I stop work on a caregiver helping me in my home now?They say I signed a contract to give 90 day notice but I did not sign nor can they show me the contract so I think they do not have any so I want to stop caregiver. Lousy worker.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
If there is no written contract for a set period then the worker would be considered "at will" under MD employment laws. What this means is that they can quit or you as the employer can fire them at any time.
.
So if you never signed any type of contract, you can fire them at any time and refuse to allow them in your home.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.