How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im currently in a complex situation which involves my sons

This answer was rated:

I'm currently in a complex situation which involves my sons 2 year old father... I'm a professional sales representative for a major hair care distributor. Carlos (sons father) works at was my #1 account I recently provided him with this opportunity because of the business relationship I had with the owner at the time Carlos ended the relationship Feb 12... During this time I notice the owner Laila Taheri was very distant which I decided to speak to her in efforts to fix what I assumed a problem with customer service. On Feb 20 we had our business meeting set which then turned personal and was spoken too of personal issues in my life and insulted on things that don't involve business.I took it all in and said what can we do to fix this and move on for the business... i assumed everything was taken care of and would to continue to service the account..Throught the course of the time I find out othrough 3rd parties that Laila has been sending emails to corporates offices requesting a new sales manager in which I was close to being terminated she then wrote a email to the manufacture of the brand my company distributes but the company refuses to detail what it says.. I now had to get all the companies involve to explain a personal matter that didn't involve my professionall business skills. I just found out that Carlos committed adultery and is now living with my ex associate Laila and the cause of "real" actions that ruined my business reputation and the income I generate to care for my son...

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

What specific questions do you have ?


Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I want to know what right I have to sue for deformation of character? I'm also unmarried to my sons father and want to fight for full custody and monitred visitation rights not in Laila's home

Defamation requires that someone makes a false statement of fact. Disclosing true personal information, or opinions are not considered legally defamatory. You have no recourse for someone telling the truth, or repeating information you have provided. The only exception is where there is a confidentiality requirement e.g. doctor-patient, client-attorney etc. Talking to a co-worker does not entail a confidentiality privilege. If someone lies, or spreads untrue statements these can be the basis of a suit for slander.


With respect to custody, adultery by itself is not a sufficient reason to stop a parent from seeing his children. If your husband is no longer living at home you have the right today to refuse to allow the children to go to the other woman's home. On the other side your husband has the right to take them there if he has access to the children.


You can file a custody action and within that action ask the court to prohibit the children from visitation at the girlfriends home. You could ask the Court for monitored visitation. However, this is usually reserved for instances where the children's safety is at issue. You comments do not describe a safety issue when your husband is with the children,.


Please remember the to click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE so I may get credit form my answer. If you have further questions please ask. Thank You ! .


Jack R. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions