Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
14472836

My fiance and I want to get married immediately. We are both

My fiance and I want to get married immediately. We are both residents of Ohio but find Ohio laws are such a quagmire we have decided toi go to Kentucky to get married. We have the money to obtain the license and hope to get the license and get married the same day can you tell me what we should expect and if this is possible. We are both adults, I am 60 and my fiance is 45, we both have legal identifaction. Should we expect any problems?

Thank you for using Just Answer.

You should not have any problems if you are prepared.

To be legally married within Kentucky, you need a marriage license.

• The bride and groom may go to any county in Kentucky to get a marriage license as long as both are 18 years of age or older. Marriage licenses cannot be used anywhere but in Kentucky.
  • The county clerk issues marriage licenses, fee ($35.50 - $37.00) is non-refundable. Fee may vary from county to county. Cash, certified check, cashier's check, or money order.
  • Marriage licenses are valid for 30 days, including the date it is issued, license can be used the day it is issued
  • No waiting period or blood test is required prior to the issuance of the marriage license.
  • An application for a marriage license must be made by both participants in person in the clerk's office . Both of you must sign the application for the marriage license.
  • Identification is required. Acceptable forms of ID in include: Drivers License, current picture ID, Social Security card, birth certificate, or passport.
  • If you need to change your last name, you can use an online marriage name change kit.

If you found this answer useful please ACCEPT my answer; press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So in other words we should be aqble to drive to Kentucky, get a license and be married the same day.

Yes assuming you go when the clerk's office is open, and find someone to officiate.