How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16379
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is a Civil judgement enforceable in

This answer was rated:

Is a xxx Civil judgement enforceable in xxx

Hello there - Yes, every state's courts must give full faith and credit to the judgments of another states courts according to the US Constitution. In order to enforce the xxx civil judgment you have to take the judgment into the local court where the defendant lives or works in xxx and ask the court there for an order to enforce the judgment. THe xxx court has no power to change the judgment or nullify the judgment -- they can only give you an order enforcing the judgment. - Please let me know if you have any questions. - MARY - Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th star below so I will be paid for my time !! THANK YOU

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does the judgement have to be presented to the court by an attorney or can it be done by mail

It cannot be handled by mail and there are no forms that you can use to do it (sorry). You either have to go there and file a court case for enforcement of judgment yourself or you have to hire an attorney who practices in xxx to sign the case up in the local county court for the enforcement of the judgment. You can find an attorney in that jurisdiction by contacting the local county bar association and asking for a referral to several attorneys in that area who can assist you with this. The local xxx bar association is online. - I wish that the process could be simpler, but it is not. Please let me know if you have further questions. - MARY - Please press the 3rd, 4th or 5th star below so I will be paid for my time !! THANK YOU

Legalease and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you