Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
14472836

I am in Tucson Az My husband served me with divorce, filed

I am in Tucson Az My husband served me with divorce, filed on Sept. 28,2012-We have been to concilleation court, it went back to Superior court, His attorney wanted to put this in default on March19,2013, but due to family terminial illness my husband told his attorney not to put this in default, unless he tells him to- I have not done a responce- my husband tells me not to worry about this - that this will go away after X amount of time, is he correct? will this go on the inactive calander,if so when? I had 1 person say it would in 120 day`s after he filed-though I do not know if that is true ?

Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Your husband is not quite correct. 120 days is for cases where service has not been completed. In you case service has been completed.

If neither party does anything after 180 days the court will issue a Notice of Intent to Dismiss for Lack of Prosecution. pending. A notice is mailed along with instructions on how to avoid dismissal to all parties.

Then 60 days after the Notice of Intent was generated and if the parties have not filed a motion, the program generates an Order of Dismissal. This supports the litigants litigants who have reconciled a quick way to exit the court system

Please press ACCEPT at the appropriate service level so I can credit for my answer. If you have further questions please ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The notice that will be mailed with instructions from the court on how to avoid Dissimal, what are these instructions from the court going to be?

The instruction will be about filing a motion to keep the case active. just about any motion will do since what is looked for is some activity in the case.

Please press ACCEPT at the appropriate service level so I can credit for my answer. If you have further questions please ask