How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an ongoing dispute with a satellite provider not honoring

This answer was rated:

I have an ongoing dispute with a satellite provider not honoring an agreement that was made. I told them I had a current provider and they told me they would pay any cancellation fees if I switched. Now they are telling me that I made that agreement with the employee that I let into my home and they are not responsible. Do I have any chance of getting compensation or should I just let it go? I am currently paying for two providers as I am not able to cancel until October 2013. The amount would be around $800.

You should continue to pursue the matter. The employee represented himself as being able to enter into such an agreement. The employee is effectively an Agent for the employer and the employer is responsible. You relied on the employees statement to obtain the contracted services. It appears they admit their employee offered the payment of cancellation fees.


You should file a claim with the better business bureau. If no relief is obtained from the BBB then you should file a claim in small claims ( JP court) to get you fees back.



Please ACCEPT this answer with the appropriate rating so I may receive credit for my answer. If you have further questions please ask.


Jack R. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you