Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Experience:  Legal Expert
19305272

If I have a contract with Company A and the company is bought

If I have a contract with Company A and the company is bought by Company B with my consent. In other words, I signed a consent letter giving my approval for Company B to assume the contract Company A has with me.

Do I have to amend the existing contract to name Company B instead of Company A?

TMcJD :

Hi, I will be happy to assist you, and it is my goal to make you a very satisfied customer! This may take a few minutes, so thanks for your patience.

TMcJD :

No, you do not. The assumption and your consent is all that is required. You don't need to re-write the original contract.

TMcJD :

Please let me know if you need clarification or additional information. Thanks.

Customer:

Is Company B still liable under Company's A contract if they fail to perform?

TMcJD :

Yes, because Company B assumed all debts/liabilities of Company A when it purchased Company A and assumed its contracts, etc.

Customer:

Thank you.

TMcJD :

You're welcome. Thank you too. I would be grateful if you would please leave me a positive rating for my time assisting you. Thanks again!