How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have been terrorized by neighbors for yrs. Police wont help.

This answer was rated:

Have been terrorized by neighbors for yrs. Police won't help. Thet act like it's my fault. Had dog tortured and killed, threats to kill dogs I have now, had gun aimed at me, etc. Can anyone help? The last officer sent out kept insisting I said something I would never had said. Was told these people are protected by Ivy Bend ("frienliest People on the Lake". Do I just have to live being terrorized every day? Refuse to leave. Do they really have a right to kill me?


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on.


This is an unfortunate situation, if the police will not help you,


consider retaining a strong Law Firm to pursue a civil suit against them,


under the Civil Law, you can sue them for their harassment, and treatment of your animals, if you can prove your case, especially that they tortured and killed your dogs,


you would be able to win a good amount of damages against them.


Also, if they know you have a Civil Suit against them, they should stop their actions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not looking for money just peace, Have writen many lawyers, no answer except move. Please help

It would not be about the money, a Civil Suit at this point is your best option, as it should force them to stop. If the police are not going to help you the Civil Court will.

You can ask the Court to issue an emergency Order advising them to stop harassing you as well.
WALLSTREETFIGHTER and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I file a civil suit from here?

you should hire a local litigation attorney or go to the small claims court by yourself and file a suit against them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have no way to get any where. Don't drive any more. Can't even get my mail. Just a sitting duck.