Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am a deployed military member and i need to apply for a passport,

Customer Question

I am a deployed military member and i need to apply for a passport, however it is my first passport and need to apply for it in person. Obviously i am in no position to apply. So i was hoping if i got my wife a power of attorney she could apply for me, is this possible? and if so what type of POA do i need?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Response: Unfortunately, your wife cannot act on your behalf. You must be present to apply because you must sign your signature in front of a Passport Agent. Your wife cannot sign on your behalf. So, you need to wait to come home to apply for your Passport.