How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My uncle would like to transfer a piece of land which is in

Customer Question

My uncle would like to transfer a piece of land which is in the Philippines to my father . He got the original title of the land, which is still under the name of their late father, but sold to him before they died.. but it was not transfer yet in his name until he moved in the US wayback 1990. My uncle is a U.S. citizen and want to give his land to his brothers. What can he do here in the U.S.? Will he has to go home to the Philippines and transfer ownership?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

At this time we at JustAnswer do not have legal professionals who are licensed out of the Philippines. While I would be happy to provide you with assistance and research your concerns, please be aware that to obtain the exact answer you may need to retain local counsel. Would that suffice?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You mean I need to consult a lawyer in the Philippines?

Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I can do as much research here as I can, but in terms of local quirks it may require a local Philippines attorney. Transferring property under US law is fairly straightforward but Philippines may have their own conditions of which I am not aware of as I do not practice there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I understand. I got it. Thanks anyway

Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Not a problem, I will ask that your question be cancelled. Sorry that I could not assist.