How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 794
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know how I go about finding a lawyer to file

This answer was rated:

I would like to know how I go about finding a lawyer to file a case . Or should I file a complaint with the Attorney General in the state of mass or where?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, what type of a case do you wish to file? Are you looking for pro-bono assistance?
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for requesting me today.

If you tell me which city and county this occurred in I will see if I can find a referral service for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well I am not sure what type of a case I should persue. I am very upset at Mass Gen Hos for letting this be able to happen , and I am very upset at the whole thing. My hospital stay was a nightmare I was out of work for 4 weeks and now they tell me someone that I work with got into my personal medical records. I work 2 jobs and I am just surviving what should be my next step ? I live in Quincy Mass justsouth of Boston.

The Boston Bar Association has a Lawyer referral service available here:

There also is a statewide referral service available here:

Because you are both a patient and an employee, you should look for an attorney who not only handles patient rights cases but employment cases also.

Since the Attorney General has the responsibility of overseeing and enforcing HIPAA you can contact his office also. The phone number for the Boston office is Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Here are links to a recent AG's press release showing a recent HIPAA case they pursued.

Nothing precludes you from contacting a private lawyer as well as the AG. Good luck in pursuing your case.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.

LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 794
Experience: Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
LegalEagle1 and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you