How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 795
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 25 years.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in godley tx my dog was in my yard cop came in yard

Customer Question

i live in godley tx my dog was in my yard cop came in yard and started screamingat me dog came from inside house and anyway he ticketed me for not controlling my dog if hed of stopped like i told him but he help yelling kiccking trying hit dog with water rules paper saftey water was cut off too long ofcourse if hed of done his job like he was to day before but he didnt he only gave them to people who where outside and openly complained about having to get out and hand post them to all housess+ i cand find dog ordiance for my town i was charged with uncontrolaable dog is there any thing i can do the dog plays with all the kids and has never done anything about like this ever the dog just reacted to what she thought was a threat
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

Can you tell me the following:

1) ordinance number is listed on the ticket;

2) municipality under which the ordinance was issued;

3) name of the agency that issued the ticket.

I will try to provide you with an answer once you have provided this information. Please keep in mind that there may be a delay between your providing the information and my response. The delay will depend upon if I am available and what research I need to do in order to locate the and provide the ordinance to you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

mygodley hearing says RE;E055639 i dont have ticket it was issueed by godley police dept i appear tomorrow at godley municipal court

Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 4 years ago.
I have posted linked to the Godley Municipal Ordinances. It seems unlikely what you have described fit into any of the Animal Control Ordinances unless they charged under § 91.02(H) which provides:

(H) Animals at large.

(1) Generally. An owner of any animal commits an offense if the owner fails to restrain the animal by leash, or within a fenced yard, motor vehicle or enclosed structure. For purposes of this section, an offense occurs without regard to any culpable mental state of the owner.

I have also included a link the noise ordinances, sometimes they charges are filed under those sections also.

Here is a link to the Godley Animal Control Ordinances:$fn=altmain-nf.htm$q=animal%20$x=server$3.0#LPHit1

Here is a link to the Godley Noise Control Ordinances:$fn=altmain-nf.htm$q=animal%20$x=server$3.0#LPHit1

Please review the ordinances and let me know if you have anymore questions.

I hope that I have answered your question. Please let me know if you have more questions or need more information.

Please rate my answers with a positive rating (three or more stars) as this is the only way I receive credit and compensation for my work. If you have additional questions or need more information, please ask.

My goal is to provide with best assistance that I can. Please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also keep in mind that the law may not always be settled or may not support the position you want. My role is not to tell you what you want to hear. but to provide you accurate information as to what the law provides. Please do not rate me poorly just because the information I have provided does not support the outcome you desire.

You can always request me through my profile at also begin your question with “For LegalEagle1”
Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Information provided is intended to explain general legal principles and assist you in finding an attorney in your area.

Please click "Great" or better to rate service.