How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jack R. Your Own Question
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6147
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Jack R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

paid real estate taxes 30years when i got sick after my husband

This answer was rated:

paid real estate taxes 30years when i got sick after my husband died i couldnt pay the taxes my taxes have been sold meed to pay 12.000.00 by tomorrow at 4pm. any way to get a month's extension on the payment or will i have to leave my home

Thank you for choosing Just Answer:


I am assuming that it has been 2 years since the taxes have been sold. Redemption of a tax sale can be delayed one more year to 3 years by the buyer. You can contact the buyer to see if he is willing to wait one more month. This is the only way to extend the time period.


Did you look into a reverse mortgage ? It may be too late now since it cannot be completed in 1 day.


Once the buyer gets a deed for the property it is effectively his. You can leave or wait until an eviction proceeding takes place.



If you found this answer useful please ACCEPT my answer; press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.


This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.




Jack R. and 14 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you