How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12410
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Early in my nieces marriage of three years, her husband informed

Customer Question

Early in my niece's marriage of three years, her husband informed her of continuing incest with his brother, sister and mother. Of couse she was horrified. Early in her pregnancy he informed her that he would sleep with their expected daughter with permission from her. When she went ballistic, he told her that he didn't mean while she was a baby but when she was older. The child is now one year old and divorce proceeding a beginning. Is the threat of danger enough to protect this child from unprotected visitation with her dad and his family? We are terrified for her and feel like she will just be thrown into obvious danger. How can we prevent this? Do we have any chance in the court system? Please advise.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Good lord! The husband sounds like a lunatic! In the divorce proceeding, the judge will determine custody. Your niece, through her attorney, should inform the judge of the threats. She can testify as to what he stated. If her testimony is credible, then the judge will hopefully order that an investigation ensues, and ultimately award full custody to your niece. Obviously I can't predict how the court proceedings will turn out, but what you described is certainly reason enough to keep the father away from the child, or visitation only under supervision.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for using our service!