Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Practicing Attorney focusing on Family Law, Foreclosure, Landlord-Tenant Issues.
14472836

Jack, thanks for your last answer. Another question: generally

Jack, thanks for your last answer. Another question: generally speaking if one can afford to stay current with their mortgage while doing a DIL, is that a better course of action than staying behind? Another way of saying it: Is there a greater penalty to credit report and later repercussions if the account is behind even if the DIL is processed? I am assuming the DIL would be completed in 90 days of being past due. Do you recommend me staying current while I gather information together and start the DIL process? Please answer whichever question is the most clear to you. Sorry for the multiple questions and for my verbosity!

Right now if you can stay current your credit will remain fairly good. If you start getting more and more behind these show up on your credit report and impact your credit score. The fewer bad credit entries the better off your overall score will be. If you can complete the DIL without other credit issues this is going to be better than completing a DIL with a number of late pays on your credit record.

If you found this answer useful please press the appropriate quality of service button of 3 or greater. This is needed so I can get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions please ask.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.