How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer who has some experience with Medicare rules.

Customer Question

I need a lawyer who has some experience with Medicare rules. I am a physician in NJ, who got into legal troubles and took a plea for health care claims fraud Sept 2011 and in Sept medicare wanted to bar me for five years. However, in their letter to me which I can attach was a statement that I could appeal regarding the facts and the time restriction.
so , I appealed on the time basis, which the opposing OIG attorney claimed was not valid
for me. The judge granted some time for me to elucidate my argument. My objection is that the restriction should have started at my time of conviction or the time that I was not able to practice in NJ 2010. The opposing OIG attorney claimed that the execption in the past is for persons restricted for 10 years --repeat offenders-- who have asked for less time. The Medicare people referred me to review to prior cases but I dont have time to do this. My deadline is April 7.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The law in Question is
1128(f) (52 u.s.c. 1320a-7b) of The Social Security act

The quote from the letter from the Inspector General reads "if you disagree with this action you may request a hearing before administrative law judge ALJ.You may file a request for hearing for the ALJ only on the bait on the issues that One whether the Inspector General has a basis for the position… And to whether the length of the exclusion is unreasonable.
I need to find where they get that length of exclusion Statement?

I'm going to wait as I don't have a good solution. But, it would take a little research perhaps on "Westlaw "?

Cliff Howell
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question.

We appreciate your understanding!