Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am a custodian to a school department. in the morning and

afternoon I am crossing Gaurd...
I am a custodian to a school department. in the morning and afternoon I am crossing Gaurd for the School Department. I cross the kids 5 days a week for the safety.The incident was 1 day it was snowing. during the middle of my traffic I was told by the principal to shovel out a school bus stuck in the snow.a month prior to this incident I already been to the union and human resource dept about the principal being unfair to me knowing I have a medical history and a prior heart attack 2 yrs ago.well I did do what the pprinciple asked then called my union.I told my union rep what happen and he said she was totally wrong....I stated I wanted to put in a greivance..the stated no, every thing was taken care of and she was told it was wrong.she was told that was the job of the (first student) not custodian or crossing guard.she bwas told she can not interfare with crossing guard post and overtime.
I still demanded it was my bright to put in grievance and union president said it was. Already taken care. of.I believe she put me in harms way,broke a few rules ...and don't understand why I can't file a grievance.also I let human resource know wht happen. I would like to contact the labor board due to I feel. My union. President is intimidated by this principal due to connections she has...so they letting her get away with what ever she wants. I like to know what I can do more and like to find a laywer in the boston mass area
3/15/2013
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Hello Wayne,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.

Sure sorry for the circumstances, truly. My heart goes out to you.

Accordingly, I'm pleased to share the following information with you.

Yes, you certainly do have recourse here in terms of legal remedies. Here's how that works. Pertaining to the union, your case falls under the coverage of a federal law called the National Labor Relations Act, (sometimes also referred to as the Wagner Act, named for its sponsor, New York Senator Robert F. Wagner), Pub.L. 74–198, 49 Stat. 449, codified as amended at 29 U.S.C. §§ 151–169. The agency created by this law and charged with investigating such matters is the National Labor Relations Board. Complaints are handled by the applicable Regional Office. To find yours, here is a free directory tool (please just click the following link):

Find Your Regional Office

Contact information is listed on the upper right hand side of each web page. There is no charge for filing your complaint. Here's a free form to use:

NLRB Form 508 - Charge Against Labor Organization or its Agents

This is an exclusive procedure, meaning it's the only way to properly pursue your complaint against the union.

I really do hope things soon look brighter, and please know you deserve to be treated properly.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
Hello Wayne,

I enjoyed working with you recently.

How are things going?

Is there anything else I can do to help?

Please just let me know.

Thanks!

Ben, J.D.

not sure if recieved my nexts question i just sent

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer