Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is there any Prize Winning Program from Microsoft

Is there any Prize Winning...

Is there any Prize Winning Program from Microsoft with winning number drawn from email address ? I wonder and dont;t believe there is such program. If receive such email , where should we go and send this kind of information ? What legal action will be taken by Microsoft for such cases. regards

3/8/2013
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Hello Bambang,

My name isXXXXX a licensed attorney. Glad to try and help out.

I'm pleased to share the following information with you.

What you have described is a very common scam. To seek help, you or anyone else who receives such a notice should share your concerns with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3):

File a Complaint

Here is why I offer that recommendation. Submitting such a complaint serves to place your matter before the appropriate regulatory (consumer protection) authorities as well as the criminal law authorities. This helps both any victims and the company to investigate and take correction action as indicated. Especially given the international jurisdictional issues, it would definitely be worth going this route and would cost you nothing to do so. Also, it is entirely free of charge to you.

If you have a follow-up question or need clarification, please just say the word by using "reply" to reach me.

I truly hope all works out for you.

Take care,

Ben, J.D.

Dear Ben,

Thanks for the clear explanation.

Most victims or would be victims do not know how to report (the format) and whta is the email address of IC3.

What does Microsoft do / did to catch the sender of such spam, cause I do believe that it is very EASY to trace and tracking the sender IP Address and location and even the name and address of those who did it.

thanks and best regards

BT

Hi Ben,

Where is the next answer ?

rgds

BT

Dear Sir,

How can I rate the Just answer if I did not even get answer to my next question ?

rgds

BT

Need what more ?

We were informed that many experts stay online for 24 hours.

How come I did get a direct answer - " online " ?

How can I rate better than OK service ?

After 1 week trial please advice how to unsubscribe.

rgds

BT

Hello again Bambang,

Thanks for writing back. Good to hear from you!

I notice you rated "Poor Service" rather thank taking advantage of my offer to just use "reply" to reach me and I would gladly continue interacting with you until fully satisfied.

Accordingly, I have opted out (without charge). I truly hope all works out for you.

Kind regards,

Ben, J.D.

MICROSOFT® CORPORATION BOARD

{UK. Regional Office}

xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reading

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

UNITED KINGDOM

Contact: Dr. Michel xxxxxxxxxxxx

Email: [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

Phone: +xxxxxxxxxxxx

================================================

What is actually behind my question is :

1. It uses / under Microsoft Corp Board name to reach the victims

2. At least Microsoft Corp should be concerned and care about the use

and / or manipulation of the name to try to convince the victims.

3. Of course I have not done anything. But I know that such email

were sent so many times to others during the last few years.

So I am just wondering if Microsoft Corp can do something to

report to the Law enforcement agency where the emails were sent.

That is all. Next time I would like to ask and consult for other legal case if any or whatever which colud be useful for me and others.

Dear Ben, I did not intend to reach you by sending negative rating.

I am just confused because I can not find the answer to my question , particularly the email or web site address of IC3.

Thanks and regards,

B T

Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Dear Customer. I can assure you that Microsoft has reported this well known scam to U.S. as well as international authorities. As I recall, there might have even have been some arrests made. The scam is rarely seen anymore and it is no longer considered a serious threat to the public. I hope you can now rest easier and give Ben the positive rating he deserves. Best Wishes from Just Answer.

Dear Ben,

OK. Thanks for your clear information.

Now where can I find the rating Icons ?

regards,

BT

Sure, I am satisfied now.

Excelent advice from Ben.

Best wishes for future achievement

ragards

B Trisulo

Hello Bambang,

I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX any difficulties with the rating system and genuinely appreciate your loyalty more than I can tell you.

I have submitted a request asking for assistance to be extended with placing your rating.

If you have any further difficulties, please feel free to contact: Customer Support

Again, thanks so much for your understanding, and I truly enjoyed interacting with you.

Best regards,

Ben, J.D.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer