How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked for employer for 30 days and he never paid me. At

This answer was rated:

I worked for employer for 30 days and he never paid me. At employment he said, if I leave before 18 months, I pay 9000 dollars as he will spend on my training etc etc. when I found out he is not interested in paying, I left. Now he got a court judgement to pay him 9000 dollars.
You say he got a court judgment. Did you go to the court hearing to contest his lawsuit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, I did not even know I was served as i moved to other state. Also he never gave any training and refused to pay until he find me consulting job. For 30 days I went to his office and then I find another job and left the employer. I found about it when I applied for home refinance.
OK. To contest this, you are going to have to go back to the court where he filed it and file a Motion to Vacate Judgment based on the fact that he did not serve you with the lawsuit and that he was aware that you no longer lived at the address where he served you.

You also need to file an unpaid wages claim with the department of labor in the state where you worked and ask for the wages to be paid.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please consider rating my answer positively so that I may be compensated by the website for my work on your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. 1 last question, can he legally recover the amount from me forcing me to pay 9 grand. My wages are approx 7 grand for 30 days. Because I left him for non payment of wages and found out he has no training programs and no customers in my area of expertise.
Probably not, but you must contest it in court. He filed a fraudulent lawsuit with the court, so you need to prove it to have the judgment removed. You can counter sue him for malicious prosecution and fraud.
TexLaw and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you