How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What would it take for a woman from Hengyang, China to come

This answer was rated:

What would it take for a woman from Hengyang, China to come here to the US to live and work?
The woman would have to get a visa from US Immigration. There are many different types of visas, but most require that the woman have a special skill and be sponsored by an employer in order for her to come over. There are also diversity visas for which she would qualify, but these have an extensive waiting period. Finally, if the woman had any family in the US, this could also serve as a basis for a visa if the family were going to take care of her.

But in order for her to live and work, she needs employer sponsorship. Please let me know if you want to know more.

TexLaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you