How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife owns 10 acres gold bearing land in the country of Ghana.

This answer was rated:

My wife owns 10 acres gold bearing land in the country of Ghana. I'm thinking about incorporating have two questions about that. One, it should I incorporate in number two is, if I should incorporate, should I incorporate in Ghana where she is a legal resident still, or in the US where I am still a legal resident? Which would be the best way to approach us

Do you intend on operating a gold mine in Ghana on the land through this corporation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes I do. I am preparing right now to move to Ghana to operate this mine.
Yes I do

Thank you for your response. Since the operation of the mine will be in Ghana, you will need to incorporate in Ghana. I recommend that you do incorporate there, and through the incorporation obtain your license to mine from the Ghana Ministry of Mines and Energy. Proper incorporation and licensing will protect you from personal liability for anything that happens in the mine.
TexLaw and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you