How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30351
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my grandsons are being shot at with a plastic BB gun this has

This answer was rated:

my grandsons are being shot at with a plastic BB gun this has been going on for months now yesterday I called the Garden City Michigan Police to make a report about this along with this kid shooting my grandsons he is shooting my dogs,when the cops came out they said that it was not agaist the law to shot anyone with plastic BB's I want to know if this is correct.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening.

There is unfortunately no legal right to force the police to investigate or prosecute someone. If the BBs are causing injury, you can try again or talk to a superior police officer to see if they will take any action. Another option is to file harassment charges, based on the fact that this person is engaging in a pattern of behavior that serves no legitimate purpose and is intended to put our grandsons in reasonable fear of being injured. It's a form of stalking, and it is illegal.

The law defines battery as any painful or unwelcome touching. Since the average person would consider being shot with plastic BBs to be an offensive touching, your grandsons may also have a civil claim for damages against the person who is shooting them. These cases are typically brought in Small Claims court, and a parent or guardian may file suit on behalf of a minor. Try calling the court to see if they have forms that you can file to open a case.

Please rate my service positively before signing out, as this is the only way that I get credit for the time I spend helping you. I hope that you are 100% satisfied - otherwise, please reply so we can continue the conversation. Good luck.
Lucy, Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you