How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am seven days from my divorce mediation. There is

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am seven days from my divorce mediation. There is a minor and a house. There is a custody battle, and we both want the house. As per court order we went through a psychological evaluation, wife was Baker Acted in Florida due to an over dosage of sleeping pills. She is very aggressive, hostile, the narcisistic type, maybe bipolar. Acting pro se, I have requested three times the psychological evaluation of both and an updated financial affidavit. Her attorney has not replied. The psychologist did not answer the phone. Had to send another request today to her attorney with copy to my child's gal. Gal responded that she spoke with the psychologist and her computer had crashed, but she will soon have the report, sound to me fishy. Wife called me today very upset because I keep requesting the documents before mediation. I do not think to be able to reach an agreement without those important documents. How should I condut myself at mediation if by that time I do not have the documents? This sounds to me like an obstruction of justice. What are my options?

As you may know, you have the right to all documents you believe to be necessary to mediate a fair settlement. If there are things you have not been provided, you might consider canceling the mediation and setting it for another date. If you do, you can then pursue the documents you detailed.


If the attorney has ignored your requests, you need to follow up. To do this, you could begin by writing a letter reminding him of your requests and that the time to comply has passed. You might also indicate that you will be filing a motion to compel if he still fails/refuses to comply within a period of time, perhaps about ten days or so.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on "OK", "Good" or "Excellent" service. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click on one of the positive indicators. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed.
If you are not yet satisfied with my answer, please do not yet rate my service. Instead, please click on the "Reply to Expert" and let me know what else I can do for you. Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied.
Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.
Leaving a bonus is not required but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck.

Joseph and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you