Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

If some one is charged with paraphernalia by a found pipe that

If some one is charged with paraphernalia by a found pipe that was left by a medical card holder from the previous day. and the owner of the car did not know of it. can it be resolved by the medical card holder to say to the courts. He had accedently left the paraphernalia in the car and did not tell the car owner? would the charges be dropped? will the holder of the medical card get into any kind of trouble?
Hi

If the patient says it is his, he could be charged with the possession of paraphernalia because even as a card holder, he is not supposed to be smoking or transporting it in public

So while the current defendant could have the charges dropped the patient could be charged and possibly be fined and/or lose the privilege for the Medical Marijuana card

I think I have answered all your questions; however, if not, please let me know.

Remember, I can only answer and provide true and correct information for what you ask.

Otherwise, please rate this service below Good to Excellent so that I may get credit for my time and information. Thank You and good luck with everything

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what if the transportion was of a camping trip? away from the public?.

Hi

Its "In public" period. It is only to be consumed for medical purposes in the patients home or their private property - not IN public. Does not matter if no one else around

I also want to add that the paraphernalia first offense you would get a deferred sentence. That means probation and when successfully completed there is no conviction on record

It may be you would have less to lose than the patient as he may lose his privilege to use