TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
17219180

Dear Sir, how do I find out if someone missed a court hearing

Dear Sir,

how do I find out if someone missed a court hearing ?
I have called the county clerk and i get nothing more than an answering machine.
Would this show in PACER sometime later ?
Hello, my name is Ely. Welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you wish to hear. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I reply.

Is this in STATE or federal court, please? Also, what court/county?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is a federal court. This is the case info and court

cacdce 2:2013-cr-00072, US District Court Central District of California

Thank you. I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

My apologies for any inconvenience and Good Luck.

Thank you for your question.

PACER will not show whether a party missed a hearing and the county clerk does not handle federal cases.

The only way you are going to be able to find this out is to call the federal court clerk for the specific court your case is in and ask them what parties attended the hearing.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter.

-ZDN

TexLaw, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Please let me know if you need any further information. Please also remember to rate my answer positively so that I may receive compensation for my work on your question.

Thanks,

ZDN