How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my fiancee is in New York and she is stuck in a hotel room,

This answer was rated:

my fiancee is in New York and she is stuck in a hotel room, she is from ghana and I am trying to get her tp houston. Her hotel bill is over 3000 dollars now and each day she is there it goes up by 140.00. I want to know if she leaves the hotel and flyes to houston can we just pay the bill later when I get my bonus?
Hello, my name is Ely. Welcome to Pearl. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you wish to hear. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I reply.
Can you please tell me:
1) have you ever met your fiance in person?
2) what hotel is she staying in and do you have the hotel's number?
3) how did the two of you meet?
4) what kind of visa did she fly over on?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't want to answer this question anymore, just tell me what my options are, I have been to ghana 2 times and yes I know her and I also know the hotel she is in.
I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.
Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.
My apologies for any inconvenience and Good Luck.
How has payment for the hotel room been secured so far? Has it been placed on you or your fiances credit card?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No credit card was used, there is no security on the room other than me paying money when I have is in her name only. I have called her at the room and talked to her.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she did have cash at the time she booked the room and now it has run out. Her mom has sent her money also.
Thank you for your response.
If she leaves the hotel without paying, the hotel will likely attempt to call the police on her. She could be technically charged with a crime. However, the police will rarely do this sort of thing and will most likely tell the hotel that this is a "civil" matter.
Accordingly, you have a few options :
(1) She checks out of the hotel in writing, leaving a letter and the key at the front desk when she walks out (letter directed to management). In the letter she states that she is checking out and that she does not have the money to pay the bill but that the bill will be settled by you next month, and providingyour contact information on the letter.
(2) You contact the hotel manager via phone and explain the situation and tell them that she is going to check out and that you are handling the bill and will pay it next month.
In the end, they cannot force her to continue to stay at the hotel and increase the charges and she is free to leave whenever she wants to.
Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this matter. Please also remember to rate my answer positively so that I am paid for my work on your question.
Best Regards,
Please remember to rate my answer positively today as I am not paid for any work I did on your question until you do so.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you,
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
TexLaw and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you