How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im an hr person and people have told my boss that I am in

This answer was rated:

I'm an hr person and people have told my boss that I am in a relationship with an employee. I have been accused if this on three occasions and I am tired of being accussed of something I'm not doing. What can I do, if anything. I feel my work reputation is being destroyed.

Thank you for your question.

When someone is saying false things about you that damage your reputation, you have a claim agianst the person making the statements for defamation of character. I assume from your question that fraternization with other company employees is prohibited by the company. If this is true, then given your position in HR, this is definitely defamatory.

If you are aware of who is making the statement, you may sue them directly or simply send a CEASE and DESIST letter to them warning them that if they continue making false allegations against you that you will sue them.

Also, being falsely accused of a sexual relationship with a co-worker could be seen as a form of sexual harassment. You should notify your supervisor of this fact as well and ask that your supervisor take action to stop such rumors as it is creating a hostile work environment in violation of your rights under federal law.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this issue. Please also remember to rate my answer positively so that I might be compensated for my work on this question.

TexLaw and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you