How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a code enforcement officer using perjury,violating posted

This answer was rated:

I have a code enforcement officer using perjury,violating posted private property no trespassing law,violating state vehicle abatement ten day certified mail notice in Ca. vehicle code and violating due process of municipal code. What should I do as all of these issues have been e-mailed to the city manager but are ignored.

Thank you for your question.

What exactly are you trying to get done?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm trying to get my day in court to explain that the criminal refusal to obey the Posted Private Property-No Tresspassing signs (there are six)
and the failure to obey California vehicle abatement procedure per the Cal. Vehicle Code are a constant and systemic problem in the City of Lemon Grove. The violation of Lemon Groves Kinder, Gentler,Code Enforcement Policy- which requires communication between the Code Enforcement Officer and the citizen - none has occured- and his use of threatening hearsay - not certified mail notification of intention to abate the vehicle are standard operating procedure. Then there is the matter of the four counts of perjury in his threatening hearsay allegations against me. He has made four allegation that are impossible for him to prove because they simply aren't true. I want my day in court to hold this moron and his bosses accountable for their illegal and unlawful behavior.

Thank you for your response.

Where there is inaction by the City Attorney to enforce the law against the City Government, you can sue the City Attorney directly and seek an injunction requiring the attorney to act. Such a lawsuit can be complicated and would best be handled by a local attorney for filing and presentation.

It also looks like you could sue the City and the Code Enforcement Officer for trespass if they were coming onto your property without authorization. This would be another direct suit against the City and would include the officer individually as well. This would be a much simpler lawsuit and you could likely sue the city for this violation in Small Claims Court and ask for monetary damages for the invasion of your property rights.

Again, there's no way to force the city attorney to take action outside of suing the attorney for an injunction.

Please let me know if you have other questions regarding this matter. Please also remember to rate my answer positively, as I am not compensated for my work on your question until you do so.

TexLaw and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you