How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was served with a civil complaint two years ago and answered

This answer was rated:

I was served with a civil complaint two years ago and answered within 30 time frame for answering. I did answer pro se and since then there has been nothing. No demand for depositions or interrogatories. What happens now
Its very possible that the case has been dismissed for want of prosecution.
What you need to do is contact the clerk of the court where it is filed and ask the clerk for a status update on the case. The clerk will tell you whether it has been dismissed or whether it is still pending.
Please let me know if you have further questions that I can answer for you. Please also remember to rate my answer positively so that I am compensated for my work on your question.
TexLaw and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you