How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JB Umphrey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get a bad tenant dropped from SSI?

This answer was rated:

How do I get a bad tenant dropped from SSI?
Welcome and thank you for your question!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Please clarify: does the mother live with them or do they live independently?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

They were supposed to be living independently, but mother always did any communications and paid the rents.

Thank you. There is no legal avenue to have their social security disability benefits cut off. If they were in jail for longer than 30 days, their social security benefits would be suspended while in jail.

If the mother is their guardian and things are out of control, you may want to consider reporting them to adult protective services. If the mother is not providing proper care and if they are a danger to themselves or others, she may lose her guardianship and they could become wards of the state.

You may want to telephone 1-866-800-1409 and see if they'll open a file.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back. I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

~~ J.B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Good idea, but we already tried to alert social security. They declined any information as it is a civil case and they would have nothing to do with it. Additionally, my good hands people, Allstate, denied my claim for coverage. Mind-boggling.. Is the number you provided the number to ?

That is the number for protective services. Protective services is independent of social security. Social security has no role/say in the mother being guardian. That's why social security wouldn't do anything for you. They can't. That's not their role.

~~ J.B.
JB Umphrey and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you