How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years representing clients with their legal issues
Type Your Legal Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, This question is a following of my previous one regarding

Customer Question

This question is a following of my previous one regarding CA State Board of Equalization.
1. I was discharged from my Chapter 7 BK in Sept 2011, now the CA BoE is levying my wages for the tax I owed which they should have filed the claim during my BK filing (with asset of 180,000.00).
2. How many year do they have to go after me for this money after the discharge (Chapter 7)? 3 or 5 years or indefinite?
3. If I move out of CA, can they levy my wages if I say work in Texas or work as a consultant (1099) in CA?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. For over 34 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
The state BOE did not need to file a claim as there debt is not dischargeable. Also,note, the statute of limitations is is seven years. Likewise, if you move out of state, Texas and California have receiprocity regarding collections of debts that arise from taxes. So I am sorry but there is no escape. Your best advice is to contact the BOE and negotiate a payment arrangement. Thanks for understanding.