Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

44. How to respond to a jury duty appearance failure warni

Customer Question

44. How to respond to a jury duty appearance failure warning?
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.
Hi

You mean you have been called to Jury Duty and then never appeared to serve?

What does the warning say, please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
They are about to take legal action through Attorney General's offic.
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Ok. Well, if yu did not appear for Jury Duty, then you need to have a good reason why.

If it was due to medical then you need to have those documents. You can only say what the truth is as to why you did not appear as commanded by the court

And explain that you will appear in the next jury pool

If you have other questions, please post them here and I will provide you information. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking time to rate this service "good to excellent" so that I may get credit for my time and information. Rating will not close your question. You will always be able to review it. It will only close a Chat - Thank you and good luck

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What constitutes a good reason?
Expert:  Sam replied 4 years ago.
Hi

If there are family obligations, medical problems, if you would have been at a financial disadvantage because you would have lost pay at work.