Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A judge (Indiana) needs a copy of a title search (which I have)

filed with the court....
A judge (Indiana) needs a copy of a title search (which I have) filed with the court. I have the caption but I do not know what title to put on the document or wording. Can you help me?
2/1/2013
Barrister, Attorney
Hello again,
.
What are you submitting the title search for?
.
Why does the judge need it?
.
Is this some type of exhibit or something submitted as evidence in a case?
.
.
Thanks

Hi. I wasn't sure you recognized me. The title search is for the partition action.

It is apparently required, probably to see how the percentages are allocated.

I don't think it is evidence. It is just for the partition action.

Ok, that is what I thought it was for after reviewing your previous questions. It would be for formally noting for the record how the current ownership percentages are recorded.
.
As for the name of the document, to be perfectly honest with you, I think I would just title it "Exhibit A---Title Search forXXXXX Anytown USA" and leave it at that.
.
To be truthfull, it probably doesn't matter exactly what you call it, the judge isn't going to get mad and exclude it if it isn't called what he expected because it speaks for itself. It isn't being used to make an argument one way or another, it is just to legally establish the ownership interests as a matter of law.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Barrister, Attorney
Barrister, Attorney