How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Your Own Question
MShore, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
MShore is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Personal injury/change of lawyers I have been discontent from

Customer Question

Personal injury/change of lawyers
I have been discontent from current councel, of 2 years, because of his inability to provide an experienced trial lawyer, and not able to meet ever with us, for the entire 2 year period. I expressed the dissagrement and asked him to finally meet with us and he still did not do so. We also found out that he had a lot of misconduct in court. Yesterday we met with a different lawyer, and told him of our situation and are waiting for him to give us an anwser if he will take over our cases, regarding personal injury. He said he will talk to the senior law partner of the defendant to find more of the stage of our case. When we returned home from the appt., we received a note that the current lawyer has withdrawn from our cases. Should we inform the new potential lawyer regarding such note? Will the note expedite his decision, or it will harm it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, yes you should inform the new lawyer as it is much easier for him to take the case now that your former attorney wants to withdraw. Telling the new lawyer that your former lawyer wants to withdraw will likely expedite his decision greatly. Please let me know if this answers your question or if you have any follow up questions.
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Are you still with me?
Expert:  MShore replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to positively rate my answers. If your question has not been answered, let me know of any follow up questions.