How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A woman who was harassing me set up a Facebook page humiliating

This answer was rated:

A woman who was harassing me set up a Facebook page humiliating me. I can not reach Facebook though I have sent two letters explaining the problem. The person uses the fake page to post to a group whose several hundred members include dozens of people who know me. How can I get The page removed?
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you this evening.

I am very sorry that you are in this situation. My apologies on asking this, but how are you sure that this is the person who you suspect, did she admit it either via facebook or other medium? Where exactly did you send the letters? How long ago did you send out these requests?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The woman posted information that only she could have had. I sent the letters to the FB company address that I found on the Internet. The first was sent three weeks ago then another last weekend.

Thank you for your patience, Peggy.

I am sorry that you are going through something like this. What I would suggest are these three steps to get this concern resolved.

1. Consider contacting Facebook one final time. Send them a message via and request that they investigate the pages. Give them 3-7 business days to get you an answer and see if they are able to assist. This will place them on notice and will start the clock rolling on what your next step may be if necessary.

2. If Facebook does not help, the next step may be to send a written and certified letter to the other person requesting that the 'cease and desist' her behavior or else you will consider potential legal options. Also give her a period of time to respond or take her page down before you go on to the next step.

3. Finally, do exactly as promised, retain counsel to assist you. An attorney can reach out to the social networking site on your behalf, and potentially file suit for damages against the other person if the page is still up and is still causing you injury.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions